What does it do?

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Walter
        Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 1:26 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: SCANCMS, was: Re: old DIRECTXA on MAINT 51D

        SCANCNS was on the 1987 VM Tools Workshop tape, and uploaded as
NOTE SCANCMS on VMSHARE (a long-ago precursor to this list).
        Pipes can be made to do much or more of what SCANCMS does, but
sometimes I just don't want to move my cheese.

        Since I did not write it (Alan Diaz did in the fall of 1983 at
United Nuclear Corp.), I can't put it on the IBM VM Download site.
        But I can SENDFILE it in VMARC format to anyone who wants it.

        Mike Walter
        Hewitt Associates
        Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not
necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Edward M. Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

05/23/2008 10:07 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: old DIRECTXA on MAINT 51D

        Hello Mike,

                        Where is SCANCMS loaded from?

        Ed Martin
        330-588-4723
        ext 40441

________________________________

        The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying
documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or
other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from
this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and
regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to
protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you
communicate with us by e-mail.