From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:15 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: JAVA and Z/VM

On Tuesday, 05/27/2008 at 01:10 EDT, "Edward M. Martin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>      A Saleman indicated that Unfortunately, IBM doesn't support Java
on
VM
> yet, and our Oracle and SQL Server Interfaces are written in Java.

This statement is unclear.  Exactly what Oracle and SQL server did you
develop your Java for?  Are you talking about server side Java apps? Or
are you talking about just needing compatibility in the server so that
your client-side Java apps can talk to it (i.e. JDBC).

If you're running these databases run on Linux, not CMS, the lack of
Java
support in CMS doesn't matter.