From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:52 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: JAVA and Z/VM

On Wednesday, 05/28/2008 at 10:29 EDT, "Edward M. Martin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are running UltraQuest directly on z/VM and accessing VSAM data.
>
> I am thinking more of from the Client end, Access SQL server
> Non-VM and VSAM data under z/VSE using Connectors or directly from
z/VM.

You can't access VSE VSAM data directly from z/VM.  While the underlying

tech in CMS VSAM is VSE VSAM, the API is OS VSAM.

Perhaps you can use the new DB2 Server for VSE and VM 7.5 client feature

to let CMS reach over to VSE?

> I do need to get this gentleman to explain more.

That's for sure.  :-)