Here's the Filezilla status message:

We have been using implicit TLS/SSL, port 990

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Bireley
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:36 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Filezilla and SSL FTP

What does Filezilla show in the status log? Did Filezilla get a response
from AUTH TLS-P?  It is between AUTH TLS-P and the response that the
SSL/TLS negotiation occurs.  If Filezilla is not sending AUTH TLS-P,
then it may be configured for implicit TLS rather than Explicit.

Steve Bireley
BlueZone Software
www.bluezonesoftware.com
Free BlueZone Secure FTP