From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robert J Brenneman
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:58 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: I know SES can do this - but how?

So I'm in the middle of applying service to a z/VM 5.2 system with the
SERVICE exec, and all of a sudden it just stops - it can't find
4OSASF40's 7F00 minidisk. I look at the Volser, and It's one I don't
recognize. This is not unusual, since I don't run OSASF at all. It just
happens to be installed on this system I'm trying to apply service to.

Since I'm sitting in the middle of a failed SERVICE exec process - is
there a way I can backtrack and tell SERVICE to skip OSASF? I don't care
if it gets this RSU applied or not since I don't run it and I never
will. Maybe if I could mark it as already updated or something so that
when I do a SERVICE RESTART it just skips it?

Thanks,

--
Jay Brenneman