NO offense against those that advocate "SERVICE" and "PUT2PROD" but this
is exactly why after trying to use "SERVICE" once I went back to doing
service the old fashioned way and servicing ONLY the products I have
installed and using.   It might take a little longer but at least I know
where I am at in the service procedure.  That is just my opinion and I am
in now way endorsing one way over the other.  Well maybe a little ;>)

Bill Munson
VM System Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

"Crabtree, Anne D" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/05/2008 03:32 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: I know SES can do this - but how?

I may be totally wrong, but I happened to be running service on z/vm 5.3
yesterday and the SERVICE step failed on 4OSASF40 also.  I had all userids
commented out in my user directory.  I just removed comments and did
directxa and then restarted service.  I figure I can just take them back
out when I?m done?  Hope that helps.