From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 12:13 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: HiperSockets Setup

On Thursday, 06/05/2008 at 05:14 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Basically once I got the filename correct and added the PASSWORD for
the

> TCPMAINT 198 disk I was able to get the OBEYFILE command to work. I
did
receive
> an error on my first good try. It was balking about the MTU size being

invalid.
> I was using 16384. I changed it to 1500 and tried the OBEYFILE command

again
> and it worked.
>
> I noticed on the NETSTAT displays that the MTU actually was 32768 with
Frame
> Size of 4096. I used a HIPERSOCKETS device that was GENed with
CHPARM=40. So
> basically it did not use the MTU size that I had defined in the
PROFILE
TCPIP.

CHPARM=40 is a MFS of 24K, not 4096.  The MTU = MFS - 8K, so the MTU is
16K.  (Doc'd in the IOCP book.)

Be sure everyone using the same HiperSocket chpid has the same MTU.  If
you don't, a PING will work, but a large data transfer won't.