>Put a VTS in your DR site connected to you as the site for the twin
>tapes.  No movement of tapes now.

In fact, our remote site has a VTS for DR backups.  Our local backups
are still in an STK silo.  My comment about tape movement was in context
with David's suggestion of a fallback when the channel extension link is
down: make a second local backup and send the tapes offsite.  A VTS at
the DR site doesn't help there.

                                                       Dennis O'Brien

"Don't worry about biting off more than you can chew.  Your mouth is
bigger than you think."  -- CVW-11 chaplain, "Carrier"