From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:25 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: HiperSockets

On Thursday, 06/12/2008 at 04:26 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have set up a HiprSockets connection from z/VM 5.3 to one of my z/OS

LPARS. I
> can PING the z/OS LPAR but when I try to PINGthe z/VM LPAR from the
z/OS
LPAR
> we time out. Is there anything I might be missing? We are using the
OBEYFILE to
> bring the configuration in dynamically.

A network problem with no details and no diagram with addresses and
subnet
masks.  If you can provide that, along with the output of NETSTAT HOME
GATE from VM and MVS, then we should be able to ferret out the problem.