On Friday, 06/13/2008 at 10:08 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With the help of IBM support we were able to figure out my problem. It
> turns out that we have a Source VIPA defined and active on the z/OS
> LPAR. In the HOME address specifications I had the z/VM HOME address
> below the VIPA HOME address. When I Pinged VM it wanted to respond back
> via the VIPA HOME IP address which was different than the HOME IP
> address that I had defined for the z/OS LPAR in TCPIP in VM. As a simple
> correction I changed the order of the HOME addresses on the z/OS side
> putting the VM HOME IP address above the VIPA HOME IP address then the
> PING was successful.

I'm glad you got it figured out, but your post is confusing to me.  I
don't understand why you have z/VM's HOME address defined in you z/OS
config, and vice versa.  I think you meant "In the HOME address
specification I had the z/OS HiperSocket HOME address below the VIPA HOME
address".  Likewise, you would not define z/OS's IP addresses in the z/VM
TCP/IP config.

But, yes, SourceVIPA can mess things up if you're not running dynamic
routing daemons everywhere.