Dirmaint has a programming interface for synchronous communication.
See Appendix D of the "Directory Maintenance Facility Commands
Reference" manual for more information on it.  It uses WAKEUP under
the covers to wait for the response from the DIRMAINT service machine.

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support