>> Good idea except that DIRMAP has one design flaw.  It does not show
gaps
>> if they are at the end of the volume,  and that is oftem where the
most

> Or you could allocate a dummy at the end of each volume (one cylinder
> in user $THE$END or so). It also helps to make DISKMAP alert you when
> you miscounted the last disk and extended it onto the gravel.

We only have DISKMAP available to us and that's what we do to.  Just put
a 1 cyl disk at the end and it makes it much easier to see all your
gaps.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107
.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, notify
the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.