Taken together, the allocation as a spool or page extent an the
inclusion in a defined MDISK extent is pretty strong protection and
makes the separate allocation of cylinder 0 somewhat redundant. But if
you want to do that, it does not prohibit you from allocating the space
as PAGE or SPOL in CPFMTXA. The definition of the minidisk is unrelated
to the allocation bit map.

Regards,
Richard Schuh