From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob Bates
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:21 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Best method

Absolutely,
        Use the WAKEUP module.

        I have a program that waits for reader files and messages. The
waiting part looks like:

        do forever
                'WAKEUP +30 (RDR IUCVMSG'
                saverc = rc
                select
                        when saverc = 4 then
                                "process reader file"
                        when saverc = 5 then
                                "process a message"

You might want to change the +30 if all it does is wait for reader
files. See HELP WAKEUP for details