Querying the rdr and processing the responses is a better approach than
asking WAKEUP to stack the reader arrived messages.

As long as reader files exist in your reader, WAKEUP gets a single
interrupt, not an interrupt for each file.

I pipe the query rdr responses into a pipeline and hit the ground
running.

Are you familiar with using PIPES? I can supply a little example of
using WAKEUP followed by a PIPE command.

Good Luck.

Jim Hughes
603-271-5586
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible." (Walt Disney)