Thanks, Cal. Others have already suggested that. But it is really overkill. My
entire EXEC consists of the following. And we have tested it thoroughly today,
and it seems to do exactly what we want. The "+2" is only because files will
not be coming in very often, but when they do we want to process them quickly.
The CHECK_OUT_FILE paragraph is only to retrieve the incoming rdr file number,
file name, and file type for subsequent commands. The FTP2POW program does some
manipulation and FTPs some files from VM to VSE.

David Wakser

/*   */
do forever
   "WAKEUP +2 (RDR IUCVMSG QUIET"  /* Check for files every 2 minutes */
    saverc = rc
    select
     when saverc = 4 then  /*  we received a RDR file  */
       do
          call CHECK_OUT_FILE
          if flag = "Z" then  /* If it is a valid file ... */
          do
              "RECEIVE" filenum "(REP KEEPCC"
              "EXEC FTP2POW" fn ft "A"
              "ERASE" fn ft "A"
          end
       end   /*  end of DO for saverc = 4  */
     otherwise nop
  end   /* end of SELECT  */
end

exit

CHECK_OUT_FILE:

"EXECIO * CP (STEM" aa. "STRING CP Q RDR * ALL"
flag = "X"                       /* set flag for exiting loop         */
i = 1                            /* point to first record             */

 do while flag = "X"             /* see if there is a file to process */
   parse var aa.i w1 filenum w3 w4 w5 w6 disp w8 w9 fn ft w12 .
   if (w1 = "NO" & filenum = "RDR" & w3 = "FILES" ) | w1 = "" then return
   else if w1 = "ORIGINID" & filenum = "FILE" then  /* if HEADER line */
         i = i + 1                              /* get next rec   */
   else if disp ¬= "NONE" then                  /* if held file   */
         i = i + 1                              /* get next rec   */
   else flag = "Z"
 end     /* end of DO when flag = "X"     */

return