We run z/VM 520 and use PROPST to filter messages to the OP1 console. We filter
several commands including ATTACHED and DETACHED commands.

I would like to filter other messages such as ATTACHED and DETACHED from going
to the LOG FILE (LGYYMMDD XXXXXX) on Operator's 191 MDISK. In reading the CMS
Planning and Administration Guide, I don't see how this can be done. We are a
heavy TAPE use shop using DFSMS/RMS and there are just too many of these
messages going to this log file.

Is there a way to suppress the logging of certain messages?

Thanks,
Ray Waters
Mainframe Technical Support Analyst
Open Solutions Inc.
11 Greenway Plaza, Suite 300
Houston, TX  77046-1102

Office 713-965-8451
Cell 713-705-5403
Fax    713-965-8405
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

www.bank.opensolutions.com<http://www.bank.opensolutions.com>
www.opensolutions.com<http://www.opensolutions.com>

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email
address. Thank You.