On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Colin Allinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ideally, what I need is a function to copy the one bad record from another
> good volume but I am not sure how. I have looked at Ditto but, as far as I
> can see, all I could do is use Disk update and do cut/paste from another
> window with the good volume - but I don't like that Idea too much.

Read that track with trackread ... | trackdeblock   which will show
you the individual records. Compare with a good volume and compose
your own track. To write it, you join the blocks for that track
together again and use trackwrite.
The picture in http://rvdheij.nl/Presentations/2008-V56.pdf may be
helpful in this.

Rob