Hi Dave,

The SWAPGEN creates the VDISK and the zLinux does accept the disk. But swap is not activated on the disk. To activate the swap I have to issue a mkswap before swapon. And after booting the guest it must be done again.

I don't know if it is a problem with swapgen, with linux or some fstab issue. So before troubleshouting, I want to replace the current swapgen with the newest one and then test to see if it helps.

I noticed that the vdisk in linux is reported by /dev/dasdk and a partition on /dev/dask1. But from the docs I understand that the disk in FBA should be used as /dev/dasdk and not dasdk1.

Quite strange, we already have some linux images with a vdisk swap and nobody has complained about the swapdisk.

Thanks for the swapgen file. Tomorrow I'll test it with this one.

Regards, Berry.

Dave Jones schreef:
Hi, Berry.