On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:17:00 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:

>On Wednesday, 08/06/2008 at 08:13 EDT, Roger Bolan/US/InfoPrint/[EMAIL
>PROTECTED]
>wrote:
>> I'm afraid there's more.  See
>>
>http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infot
ype=an&appname
>> =iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS908-180
>>
>> It says there is no replacement product, and service will be
>discontinued
>> too.   The document above lists BookMaster under the section for
>> Service withdrawal date: September 30, 2009
>
>Nonetheless, w/d from service doesn't mean you can't use it.  As long as

>you keep paying the MLC, you have a license to use to the software.
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott
>========================
=========================
==========
==============

Except, of course, our management may well insist on removing it.  I don'
t remember any PTFs in
a long time, so I don't see any risk in keeping it -- but I admit it is a
 bit of a rip off paying for
service and not getting any.

Now, of course, I need to track down all the people that still have Scrip
t files that use BookMaster
in them. How the heck do I do that?

Maybe I should open an incident against BookMaster?

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com