On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Alan Ackerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, of course, I need to track down all the people that still have Script
> files that use BookMaster
> in them. How the heck do I do that?

My conversion was easier. Late 1999, senior mgmt could not get someone
to confirm the font libraries were Y2K ready. As the directive was to
remove all software that was not Y2K-ready, we lost most of the AFP
fonts. And so my documents did not format anymore (I should never have
used specific font names, but hey... )  After hacking the font names I
could format, but it did not look as before. Important things are
still in PDF from the old days.

The B2H package seems to do a fair job converting a Bookie source to
HTML. I have never used it myself. For new development I am seriously
looking at generating SGML and run DocBook on Linux to render the
document (it does HTML pages, PDF, etc). I've starting things in a PC
editor a few times, but find it so tedious that it takes away the
motivation to finish the document.

Rob