Hi listers,

I want to backup OSA-ICC settings to an ftp server. the HMC has one address in the company's lan and the other adapter connected to the support elements lan. The support elements have no connection to the company's lan but a route to it over the hmc. On the ftp server I have configured a route to the support elements lan also over the hmc. I can ping the hmc ip address of the support elements lan but not the support element itself. The reverse connection from the support elements works also only up to the company's lan ip address of the hmc but not to the ftp server. So I 'm sure that the hmc is not able to route the packets. I have also enabled the routed in the network customization of hmc and support element but this had no effect. Is there a way to let the hmc act as a router for the support elements? I have attached a text file with a little picture of the network environment.
--
kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen
                    ,-----------------------------------,
            no ping ! FTP server                        !
      -------->>>>>>>LAN 172.17.0.2 >>>>>>>>>>>---------!----
      !            !                                    !   !
      !            ! route to 182.158.0.0/255.255.0.0   !   !
      !            !       over 172.17.2.51             !   !
      !            '------------------------------------'   !
      !                            !                        !
      !                 --------------------------          !
      !                 ! company's lan          !          !
      !                 ! 172.17.0.0/255.255.0.0 !          !
      !                 --------------------------          !
      !                            !                        !
      !                            !                        !
      !            ,------------------------------------,   !
      ! ping works ! HMC                                !   !
      !------->>>>>>>LAN 172.17.2.51                    !   !
      !            !                                    !   !
      !            !                         ping works !   !
      !            ! LAN 182.158.10.100 <<<<<<----------!---!
      !            '------------------------------------'   !
      !                           !                         !
      !                 ---------------------------         !
      !                 ! support element's lan   !         !
      !                 ! 182.158.0.0/255.255.0.0 !         !
      !            ! Support Element       no ping      !   !
                   ! route to 182.158.0.0/255.255.0.0   !
                   !       over 182.158.10.100          !