On Friday, 08/29/2008 at 10:53 EDT, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to backup OSA-ICC settings to an ftp server. the HMC has one
> address in the company's lan and the other adapter connected to the
> support elements lan. The support elements have no connection to the
> company's lan but a route to it over the hmc. On the ftp server I have
> configured a route to the support elements lan also over the hmc. I can
> ping the hmc ip address of the support elements lan but not the support
> element itself. The reverse connection from the support elements works
> also only up to the company's lan ip address of the hmc but not to the
> ftp server. So I 'm sure that the hmc is not able to route the packets.
> I have also enabled the routed in the network customization of hmc and
> support element but this had no effect. Is there a way to let the hmc
> act as a router for the support elements? I have attached a text file
> with a little picture of the network environment.

I assume you're trying to "Export source file via FTP" in OSA-ICC Advanced
Facilities.  What error are you getting?

IIRC there is a NAT bridge in the HMC to handle any needed SE
communications and you do not need (or want!) any IP routing changes to
use the Export via FTP function.  Since the FTP is initiated from the SE
via OSA-ICC AF the HMC will open the NATted port.  (There are firewalls in
the HMC to protect itself and the HMC-SE LAN.)