Alan -

I began running my VMFTP macros with the ECHO ALL TYPE options last
Friday.  From the HELP VMFTP:

   Type           causes all FTP output to be displayed on the
                  virtual machine console.

Yes, there is a lot of output to the console but I haven't had a RC -5
since. ???

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 45 years
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"