VM Assist, Inc.
Phone: 414-491-6001
Ans Service:  360-715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009

Dean, David (I/S) wrote:
Can you give me any insight into making more use of the swap; see below?
We have had systems significantly speed up after adding memory, even
though swap was not being used.  I realize that swap / disk is going to
be slower, but with cache and buffers shouldn't it be at least close?

lnx057:~ # free -l
             total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:        763208     758572       4636          0      77092
592676
Low:        763208     758572       4636
High:            0          0          0
-/+ buffers/cache:      88804     674404
Swap:      1079896        300    1079596

Thank you for any help.

David Dean
Information Systems
*bcbstauthorized*