> While implementing the SLES exec for the SLES10 full-service server,
it
> asks for a MAC address.  (I thought the MAC address was automatically
> assigned.   Why is it asking for a static address?)  We are using OSA
> GB-EXP.

You should respond no to the layer 2 prompt here. Nothing in the setup
process needs layer 2 access.

In general, it's asking so that it correctly identifies the interface
you want to use. CP generates a random MAC for the last 3 bytes of any
virtual interface (the first 3 bytes are set by MACPREFIX in SYSTEM
CONFIG), so if you are going to use the layer 2 function, it matches the
virtual MAC to identify which interface to use.