  From:       "Huegel, Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  To:         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

  Date:       10/20/2008 06:43 PM

  Subject:    Some REXX help

I copied this line from the REXX VM/REFERENCE

It is from a sample SOCKETS SERVER exec (page 16.2).
When I try to execute it I get errors.
I have not seen code like this before, I wonder if anyone can explain the
technique to me?

if rest&notsym;='' then call error 'E', 24, 'Invalid parameters specified'

Its the rest&notsym;=''    that I don't understand.

Thanks