Thank you for your suggestions of reasons to run 5.3.0 and 5.4.0.  I had
already presented them to management, but I have been instructed to use
5.2.0.  My only hope of changing management's mind is to give him
reasons NOT to use 5.2.0.  Reasons to use the newer releases have not
been persuasive.  We're just starting a POC, so we have no good
information on workload requirements.  There's nothing in 5.3.0 or 5.4.0
that we MUST have.  That means no requirement for link aggregation, for
example.

To put this in political terms, we're past "Vote for me, I'm a better
candidate".  I need "Vote against my opponent, because he's an
extremist".  The end-of-service date for 5.2.0 is not sufficient for
"vote against".

By the way, I'm sad to say that an SF Bay Area congresswoman ran on, "My
opponent is an extremist" a few years ago.  She won.

                                                       Dennis

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough
to take it all away.  -- Barry Goldwater

futile.