On Wednesday, 10/22/2008 at 04:53 EDT, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Given how UP-oriented and master-processor oriented a lot of CMS-MT is,
> and the fact you'd still have to write a command interpreter to operate
> in the MT environment, I don't think it'd be particularly much help.
>
> You'd still be stuck with reimplementing a lot of CMS system services in
> Java to avoid switching back to the base processor and inventing some
> kind of code tagging system to determine which code sections needed to
> be dispatched on which processor set, and at that point, you might as
> well write something newer completely in Java and avoid having to switch
> back and forth.

Before anyone gets *too* carried away, understand that zAAPs and zIIPs are
for z/OS workloads only.  You can't IPL on them and CMS-MT won't dispatch
any work on them.

I don't understand your comment about UP and master processor w.r.t.
CMS-MT.  Nothing in MT is partial to the master processor, and it is the
application's use of non-MT parts of CMS (i.e. a CMS command) that invokes
UP-style serialization.