I certainly wasn't trying to say SFS wasn't reliable.  It's just a 'point of
failure'.  And I say that it's a point of failure as opposed to a LINK of a
minidisk, which doesn't require a properly defined filepool be available
(think DR).  Of course, minidisks also have to have proper security defs (in
some cases) to be linked... but same same in SFS.

As far as functionality -- no question SFS is more flexible, etc ..   but
for a super important disk like the Linux guest startup -- I'd use a
minidisk.

Maybe in the end, the best thing to do is IPL the 200 (100, wherever your
boot disk is) in the directory entry for reliability sake.  But then you
miss the flexibility of a well-crafted PROFILE EXEC that does things like
call SWAPGEN, etc..

Anyway - while I have found SFS extremely reliable when it's running - I
have just run into many situations where it was not up or not running
properly and we were stuck -  until the SFS pool was fixed, restored,
whatever.

Scott Rohling