Hi (again)...

We're trying to define a bunch of EDEVs and finding things not as we'd expect...

We have a z10 running NPIV to an XIV (IBM SCSI) box. We have 4 sets of LUNs defined - each set has 2 LUNs, a 32GB and a 10GB. There are 2 FCP devices (each with unique virtual WWPNs) defined to each set of LUNs. The switch zoning seems to be right. The masking on the XIV seems to be right.

I should point out that the LUN numbers in each set are 0001000000000000 and 0002000000000000.

Defining the first EDEV (8000) it works fine. When we try to add a second EDEV (8001) it complains that it thinks that LUN 1 on the new EDEV (different WWPN) is the same as the LUN 1 on the existing EDEV...

Anyone else seen anything similar?
Thanks,
Lee
--