Well it looks like it should work but it don't;
It'd be interesting to see if EDEV 8001 could be varied online after
EDEV 8000 is deleted; and then if you tried to define and vary on 8000
would it have the same problem?

It should work if the wwpn of 50c7 is allowed by the XIV to access LUN
0002, maybe the LUN masking for 0002 is actually missing even though you
said it's been done? " The masking on the XIV seems to be right."

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.