The plan is to use VM as a floor system to run MQ under Linux. We already
have monitoring and automation that we will carry from the previous hosts
for the guests. We justified zLinux financially, so we have justified the
bare necessary to run (RACF, Performance tool kit, and Dirmaint). I will be
using PROP to send these messages to a monitored console, if I cannot deal
with them via a REXX exec, or other CP command actions, so I do not want
that console cluttered with messages, hence my question.

Hopefully the project will attract more customers then we can justify
purchasing an automation package.

Thanks for the reply, I am counting on NOT getting any of these messages,
but if they show up, I need to notify the hardware folks.

Regards,

Jihad K. Kawkabani
IT Systems Engineer Consultant
Voice: 440.395.0740
Network: 575.0740
Cell: 440.465.2969

             David Boyes
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             e.net>                                                     To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: List of messages candidates for
                                       automation
             11/11/2008 09:29
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

On 11/11/08 8:58 AM, "Jihad K Kawkabani"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I do not have a VM system up yet, I will be installing it in December. I
> am
> just doing planning at this time.

I like how you think. Too few people plan for automation these days.

I think the question is what you plan to use the VM system for. If it will
be primarily a "floor" system supporting only guests, the list is quite a
bit shorter -- essentially the HCPxxxxxE and xxxxxxW messages are
candidates
and you can log most other things for a human response.

I don't know of a comprehensive list anywhere for VM automation. That might
be a good thing to do as a project. I'll look into it. Do you know what
automation product you'll be using, and on what platform?