DIRMAINT's WORKUNIT command can be used for an immediate retry.  The
problem is that it is hard to know what workunit ID to enter on the
command.   But, I weren't Sir Kris The Guide if I did't provide a
solution:
Part of my DRM package on the VM Download lib is the DIRMW EXEC
 - DIRMW lists all DIRMAINT workunits (active or failed)
   (in the list you see what the DIRM command was)
 - DIRMW provides commands to Cancel/Retry/Xedit/Delete/... workunits

Have a peek at
   http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/descript.cgi?DRM

--
Kris Buelens,