And manually:

DIRM USER BACKUP
DIRM SHUTDOWN
VMLINK DIRMAINT 1DB
XEDIT USER BACKUP (change the DIRECT statement)
FILE USER INPUT A
VMLINK DIRMAINT 1DF (WRITE       (let's say it's disk X)
ERASE USER DIRECT X                  (or rename it if you're chicken ;-)
COPY USER INPUT A = = X
REL X (DET
XAUTOLOG DIRMAINT SYNCH# SET SECUSER DIRMAINT *    (to watch the DIRMAINT
startup)

I think the DIRECTORY statement is easier - but that's how I would have done
it 'way back when'   (warning:  I did not test the above - it's from memory
which in my case needs a microcode update)

Scott