If you know the workunit number that failed, then this will retry it:
DIRM WORKUNIT nnnnnnnn RETRY
If you don't know the workunit number, DIRM DATAMOVE DISPLAY ERRLOG
will send you a file with the number in it.

I don't understand your question about reserved..  Does the disk
appear in EXTENT CONTROL?  Otherwise, DIRMAINT won't allocate anything
on it..

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support