Mike,

The return string is used to send a message back to the client when the
exit rejects a command (and only if you set the return code to 4 or 12).
It will reject the command with a "502 <return string>".  There is no
mechanism for modifying the command that gets sent to the server.

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 11/19/2008