Maybe PMRs should also be opened with the Windows clients, too. :-)

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Miguel Delapaz
        Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:57 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: FTPEXIT Question

        Mike,

        Could you open a PMR for this? It seems our FTP server is
misbehaving here. We should not be sending back the 503 in this case.

        Regards,
        Miguel Delapaz
        z/VM TCP/IP Development

        The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on
11/19/2008 10:42:25 AM:

        > Well DRAT!
        >
        > Here is my problem.  We have no control over the various FTPS
        > clients out there and what they THINK they should send in
explicit
        > SSL mode.  Two Windows clients I am testing always insist on
sending
        > PBSZ 0 and PROT P at the start of EVERY command sent to the
server,
        > even though the channel was already secured with PROT P at the
start
        > of the session.  The redundant PROT P's get  RC 503 BAD
COMMAND