From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Craig Dudley
Sent: December 4, 2008 12:53
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Question about BFS in 5.4

Hi,
I am having a bit of trouble getting started in setting up SSLSERV on
zVM 5.4.
Having never used zVM BFS before, it has become a real pain to set up
GSKADMIN
for use my SSLSERV.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to correct it?
Thanks

When I log onto GSKADMIN and trace the profile, it fails. Here is the
trace
of PROFILE's execution:

Profile..: Setting PF Keys...

PF12 RETRIEVE BACKWARD

PF24 RETRIEVE BACKWARD

Profile..: Setting minidisk environment
workspace...

DMSACC724I 191 replaces A (191)

DMSACP723I E (591) R/O

DMSACP723I F (592) R/O

Profile..: Setting up BFS environment

Profile..: Determining what is currently
mounted...

Nothing is mounted

   148 *-*   Say _mhdr "Mounting root file
system..."

       >V>     "Profile..:"

       >L>     "Mounting root file sy
stem..."

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting root file
system..."

Profile..: Mounting root file system.
..

       +++ Interactive trace.  TRACE OFF to end debug, ENTER to
continue. +++

   149 *-*   _command = 'OPENVM MOUNT' _filesys_root
' /'

"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/"

       >L>     " /"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

   150 *-*   'EXEC' _command

       >L>     "EXEC"

       >V>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

       >O>     "EXEC OPENVM MOUNT /../
VMBFS:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

   151 *-*   If (rc <> 0)

       >V>     "0"

       >L>     "0"

       >O>     "0"

   157 *-*   Say _mhdr "Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at:"
_BFS_subdir_gskssldb_

       >V>     "Profile..:"

       >L>     "Mounting GSKSSLDB file space
at:"

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space
at:"

       >V>     "/etc/"

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at: /
etc/"
Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at: /
etc/

   158 *-*   _command = 'OPENVM MOUNT' _filesys_gskssldb
_BFS_subdir_gskssldb_

       >L>     "OPENVM MOUNT"

       >V>     "/../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSS
LDB/"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/"

       >V>     "/etc/"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

   159 *-*   'EXEC' _command

       >L>     "EXEC"

       >V>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

       >O>     "EXEC OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"
DMSOVZ2120E Unable to resolve current working directory for path
name
       +++ RC(28) +++

   160 *-*   If (rc <> 0)

       >V>     "28"

       >L>     "0"

       >O>     "1"

   161 *-*    Then

       *-*    Do

   162 *-*     Say _ehdr "Unexpected error from command:"
_command

       >V>       "Profile-->"

       >L>       "Unexpected error from
command:"

       >O>       "Profile--> Unexpected error from
command:"

       >V>       "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

       >O>       "Profile--> Unexpected error from command: OPENVM
MOUNT /../VMB
FS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /etc/"

Profile--> Unexpected error from command: OPENVM MOUNT /../
VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/

 /etc/

   163 *-*     Say _mhdr "RC =" rc

       >V>       "Profile..:"

       >L>       "RC ="

       >O>       "Profile..: RC ="

       >V>       "28"

       >O>       "Profile..: RC = 28"

Profile..: RC = 28

   164 *-*     Signal Profile_Exit

   199 *-* Profile_Exit:

   200 *-* Exit rc

       >V>   "28"

Ready; T=0.05/0.10 11:03:16

sp con close

The DMSOVZ2134E Return code is 129 and the reason code is 2102.

An OPENVM LISTFILE shows:

openvm listfile
Directory = '/'
Update-Dt  Update-Tm Type  Links          Bytes Path name component
10/02/2008 11:54:28   D        -              - 'bin'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   D        -              - 'dev'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'etc'
10/02/2008 11:54:06   D        -              - 'home'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   L        -              - 'lib'
10/02/2008 11:54:06   D        -              - 'opt'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'tmp'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   L        -              - 'u'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   D        -              - 'usr'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'var'
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 12:45:15

Thanks
--
Craig Dudley
Department of Information Technology

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.