From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Craig Dudley
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 09:53
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Question about BFS in 5.4

Hi,
I am having a bit of trouble getting started in setting up SSLSERV on
zVM 5.4.
Having never used zVM BFS before, it has become a real pain to set up
GSKADMIN
for use my SSLSERV.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to correct it?
Thanks

When I log onto GSKADMIN and trace the profile, it fails. Here is the
trace
of PROFILE's execution:

Profile..: Setting PF Keys...

PF12 RETRIEVE BACKWARD

PF24 RETRIEVE BACKWARD

Profile..: Setting minidisk environment
workspace...

DMSACC724I 191 replaces A (191)

DMSACP723I E (591) R/O

DMSACP723I F (592) R/O

Profile..: Setting up BFS environment

Profile..: Determining what is currently
mounted...

Nothing is mounted

   148 *-*   Say _mhdr "Mounting root file
system..."

       >V>     "Profile..:"

       >L>     "Mounting root file sy
stem..."

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting root file
system..."

Profile..: Mounting root file system.
..

       +++ Interactive trace.  TRACE OFF to end debug, ENTER to
continue. +++

   149 *-*   _command = 'OPENVM MOUNT' _filesys_root
' /'

"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/"

       >L>     " /"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

   150 *-*   'EXEC' _command

       >L>     "EXEC"

       >V>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

       >O>     "EXEC OPENVM MOUNT /../
VMBFS:VMSYS:ROOT/  /"

   151 *-*   If (rc <> 0)

       >V>     "0"

       >L>     "0"

       >O>     "0"

   157 *-*   Say _mhdr "Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at:"
_BFS_subdir_gskssldb_

       >V>     "Profile..:"

       >L>     "Mounting GSKSSLDB file space
at:"

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space
at:"

       >V>     "/etc/"

       >O>     "Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at: /
etc/"
Profile..: Mounting GSKSSLDB file space at: /
etc/

   158 *-*   _command = 'OPENVM MOUNT' _filesys_gskssldb
_BFS_subdir_gskssldb_

       >L>     "OPENVM MOUNT"

       >V>     "/../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSS
LDB/"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBF
S:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/"

       >V>     "/etc/"

       >O>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

   159 *-*   'EXEC' _command

       >L>     "EXEC"

       >V>     "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

       >O>     "EXEC OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"
DMSOVZ2120E Unable to resolve current working directory for path
name
       +++ RC(28) +++

   160 *-*   If (rc <> 0)

       >V>     "28"

       >L>     "0"

       >O>     "1"

   161 *-*    Then

       *-*    Do

   162 *-*     Say _ehdr "Unexpected error from command:"
_command

       >V>       "Profile-->"

       >L>       "Unexpected error from
command:"

       >O>       "Profile--> Unexpected error from
command:"

       >V>       "OPENVM MOUNT /../VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /
etc/"

       >O>       "Profile--> Unexpected error from command: OPENVM
MOUNT /../VMB
FS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/ /etc/"

Profile--> Unexpected error from command: OPENVM MOUNT /../
VMBFS:VMSYS:GSKSSLDB/

 /etc/

   163 *-*     Say _mhdr "RC =" rc

       >V>       "Profile..:"

       >L>       "RC ="

       >O>       "Profile..: RC ="

       >V>       "28"

       >O>       "Profile..: RC = 28"

Profile..: RC = 28

   164 *-*     Signal Profile_Exit

   199 *-* Profile_Exit:

   200 *-* Exit rc

       >V>   "28"

Ready; T=0.05/0.10 11:03:16

sp con close

The DMSOVZ2134E Return code is 129 and the reason code is 2102.

An OPENVM LISTFILE shows:

openvm listfile
Directory = '/'
Update-Dt  Update-Tm Type  Links          Bytes Path name component
10/02/2008 11:54:28   D        -              - 'bin'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   D        -              - 'dev'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'etc'
10/02/2008 11:54:06   D        -              - 'home'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   L        -              - 'lib'
10/02/2008 11:54:06   D        -              - 'opt'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'tmp'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   L        -              - 'u'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   D        -              - 'usr'
10/02/2008 11:54:07   E3       -              - 'var'
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 12:45:15

Thanks
--
Craig Dudley