Actually , it has nothing to do with TPX.

For one virtual terminal (4D0) I changed the Logappl to VM:

IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED
IST075I NAME = SYSCOR.TC4D0, TYPE = LOGICAL UNIT
IST486I STATUS= ACT/S, DESIRED STATE= ACTIV
IST977I MDLTAB=***NA*** ASLTAB=***NA***
IST861I MODETAB=ISTINCLM USSTAB=USSTCPIP LOGTAB=***NA***
IST934I DLOGMOD=D4B3290 USS LANGTAB=***NA***
IST597I CAPABILITY-PLU INHIBITED,SLU ENABLED  ,SESSION LIMIT 00000001
IST351I LOCAL 3270 MAJOR NODE = DEVTERMS
IST077I SIO = 00333 CUA = 04D0
IST082I DEVTYPE = LU , CONTROLLING LU = VMD
IST654I I/O TRACE = OFF, BUFFER TRACE = OFF
IST171I ACTIVE SESSIONS = 0000000001, SESSION REQUESTS = 0000000000
IST206I SESSIONS:
IST634I NAME     STATUS         SID          SEND RECV VR TP NETID
IST635I VMD      ACTIV/C-P  CC4F9B4CA20789BF 0001 0002       SYSCOR
IST314I END

It still doesn't work for the client. I am thinking maybe a VTAM trace
could shed light on why it works for my emulator but not theirs. I would
not know how to read the trace and since IND$FILE is unsupported would
IBM accept my call on this issue and offer assistance?

Is there anything else I could do on the mainframe side to diagnose the
error?

Also...

At http://gsf-soft.com/Documents/IND$FILE.shtml it mentions the
following:
"Setting of the Query bit in the VTAM LOGMODE (PSERVIC) and/or the 3270
emulator options may affect the ability of the emulator to use WSF
(Write Structured Field) commands and impact the availability or speed
of file transfer." I also tried NSX32705 and it also fails for the
client.

Strange, pure SNA with DLOGMOD SNX32705 works, TCP/IP and DIAL with
DLOGMOD D4B3290/NSX32705 does not.

Regards,

Mike