From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Horlick, Michael
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 3:18 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TRANS13 , IND$FILE and CA-TPX

Hello Alan et all,

Just a little update. I created a 24 record file with 1234567890
repeated for 80 characters and asked the client to test.

This time he says the file transfer doesn't issue messages but also
doesn't upload the file to the host. It completes but the CMS file is
not there.

Again, this only happens with the combination of CA-TPX and TCP/IP for
VM. When he tries with CA-TPX and SNA it works. The same settings for
the emulator (same size screen, etc...)

How could the same 3270 datastream cause this?

They have their terminal set up as a model 5

My only thought is that it must be how the device appears to VM/VTAM.
For SNA, it is a remote device. When he is on SNA and  TPX and I display
the user I see:

Termid:      TX262144

Model:       PC92-5AG

Logmode:     SNX32705

I have no idea where it gets that PC92-5AG model info from. Would you or
anyone else know?

Then when he creates a virtual terminal session on TPX he gets:

Session    Applid        Status     VTermid    --Status
Flags---Appl.Logmode

VM2        VM        <== ACTIVE     TPXGR052   00000000 400010C1
T3278M2E

This application logmode of T3278M2E is a CA-TPX one and when I do a 'CP
Q' on his CMS user I see him on TPXGR052.

For TCP/IP for VM, there is a DIAL VTAM and I set the DLOGMOD to
D4B3290.

I think I have tried different DLOGMOD's (NSX32705) and even asked them
to configure as a Model 2 but still no go.

The SNA DLOG of SNX32705 looks like this:

SNX32705 MODEENT LOGMODE=SNX32705,FMPROF=X'03',TSPROF=X'03',

               PRIPROT=X'B1',SECPROT=X'90',COMPROT=X'3080',

               RUSIZES=X'87F8',

               PSERVIC=X'02800000000018501B847F00'

I'm not much of a VTAM maven. Is there anything in that macro related to
file transfer?

Is there something I can use to replace IND$FILE with? I suggested
native VM (whick works) and also ftp (but that's a hassle with write
access to their A-disk) but they prefer the way they always work (but
just with TCP/IP).

Wednesday, I'll be visiting the client and be screwing around with
DLOGMOD's etc...

Regards,

Mike