On Friday, 12/05/2008 at 03:20 EST, "Horlick, Michael"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think I have tried different DLOGMOD's (NSX32705) and even asked them
> configure as a Model 2 but still no go.

I would use D4A3290 to talk to an emulator in an SNA network, but that's
just me.  The days of needing logmodes that explicitly described the model
were interesting when there were devices at the other end that would obey
them.  They don't.  Further, the explicit logmode prevents the host from
issuing a QUERY.  What this means in the context of CA-TPX, I don't know.

With VM/VTAM in place, CA-TPX app will simply create an LU2 session to
VSCS on VM.  It doesn't manipulate the data travelling back and forth, but
simply acts as a proxy between the two LU-LU sessions.  (VM-CA:TPX and
CA:TPX-workstation)

To use TN3270, CA-TPX has an LU2-TN3270 translator built into it.  It must
extract the 3270 data stream from one end and repackage it for sending to
the other.  This means that CA-TPX itself it the telnet client and is
simply getting the data stream from the SNA 3270 emulator.  But CA-TPX is
responsible to connect to the VM telnet server and negotiate the TN3270
session.  This includes any TN3270E issues.

So, while the *emulator* may be sending the same things, CA-TPX may not.
You need to compare the 3270 data stream that CA-TPX is sending to and
receiving from VM.  (Getting the trace from CA-TPX is probably best.)