Hi Mr. Altmark,
Thanks for those suggestions.  The Redbook chapter on IPGATE doesn't
discuss IPGATE TRACE'ing very much, in fact the only help I can find ther
is something called RXSOCKET DEBUG NOTRACE.  Can you or someone point me
any other helpful information about tracing IPGATE and its threads?

Since my X'0201' IPCODE came back in the ISQL call, I looked in the DB2/V
Messages book for further enlightenment and found this about X'0201':

x’0210’ Database has severed the link. Attempt to reconnect and conti
nue
processing.   ( gee, no kidding )

So I keep coming back to the thought that my DB2/VM server is not
recognising the remote UserID correctly since it's coming "second-hand"

through IPGATE instead of directly from the UserID on the remote system.

Remember, my SFS Filepool access works just fine, so that DB2 engine
working under the covers managing the filepool is handling the "second-
hand" requests via IPGATE just fine.  But a "real" DB2 server isn't.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:55:24 -0500, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com