I speak EDEVs, but for various reasons EDEV is not a choice for this customer. They only have SAN disks - raw LUNs. (The VM system itself is installed on the few ECKD volumes -- all the Linuxen are on SAN only.)

Lee

Richard Troth wrote:
You want EDEV.
EDEV lets FCP disks look like traditional FBA DASD, so you can slice
them up into minidisks, quite like CKD.

The way it works is you define an EDEV at some otherwise not-in-use
RDEV address, then add WWPN and LUN for each path to the intended FCP
disk.  You then VARY ON the EDEV and you can ATTACH it to a guest
directly or to SYSTEM for minidisk slicing.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Lee Stewart