On Tuesday, 12/16/2008 at 11:07 EST, Lee Stewart
<lstewart.dsgr...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I speak EDEVs, but for various reasons EDEV is not a choice for this
> customer.   They only have SAN disks - raw LUNs.  (The VM system itself
> is installed on the few ECKD volumes -- all the Linuxen are on SAN
only.)

Sorry, Lee; I misread your original post where you asked how RACF
*protects* FCP disks.  It doesn't.  CP doesn't allow ESMs to control
ATTACH/DEDICATE.  (It's on the to-do list.)

If they want RACF control over what guests can see the LUN, then they have
to use EDEVs, since that's the only way to get minidisks, where the ESMs
hold sway.