Good morning (not so good for me). Sometime ago I installed the VM:Suite
from CA, which included VM:Director which maintains user direct, on my
z/VM 5.2 system. I later installed z/VM 5.3 but didn't get back to
addressing the VM:Suite until recently.  I inadvertently ran VM:Director
on the 5.3 system before modifying its config files resulting in user
direct being rewritten  with all the USER entry MDISK statements
pointing to the 5.2 volsers.  As a result I can't log on to my 5.3
system.  To try and rewrite my 5.3 user direct I brought up my 5.2
system and attached the 5.3 versions of 2CC as 12CC which contains the
5.3 user direct, and 19E as 119E which contains the DIRECTXA utility. I
placed 12CC and 119E before 2CC and 19E in the access list and ran
DIRECTXA (EDIT pointing to the USER DIRECT on 12CC.  The message I got
was

z/VM USER DIRECTORY CREATION PROGRAM - VERSION 5 RELEASE 2.0

My question is twofold;

1.      Why is the 5.2 version of DIRECTXA being invoked if the 5.3
version is first in the access list,  and
2.      Is there an easier way to rewrite my 5.3 user direct

Thanks,

Brent

Brent Litster

Zions Management Services Company