Brent,

1) You got that message because DIRECTXA was run from the saved segment on
your 5.2 system not from the mdisk.
2) I do not see where you linked to the 5.3 system 123 disk to write the
directory into the DRCT area.
3) If you did not then you just wrote your 5.3 directory over your 5.2
directory and I hope you did not log off of MAINT

Bill Munson
Brown Brothers Harriman
Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

Brent Litster <brent.lits...@zionsbancorp.com>
01/06/2009 11:19 AM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
USER DIRECT Rewritten with Wrong Volsers

Good morning (not so good for me). Sometime ago I installed the VM:Suite
from CA, which included VM:Director which maintains user direct, on my
z/VM 5.2 system. I later installed z/VM 5.3 but didn?t get back to
addressing the VM:Suite until recently.  I inadvertently ran VM:Director
on the 5.3 system before modifying its config files resulting in user
direct being rewritten  with all the USER entry MDISK statements pointing
to the 5.2 volsers.  As a result I can?t log on to my 5.3 system.  To try
and rewrite my 5.3 user direct I brought up my 5.2 system and attached the
5.3 versions of 2CC as 12CC which contains the 5.3 user direct, and 19E as
119E which contains the DIRECTXA utility. I placed 12CC and 119E before
2CC and 19E in the access list and ran DIRECTXA (EDIT pointing to the USER
DIRECT on 12CC.  The message I got was
z/VM USER DIRECTORY CREATION PROGRAM ? VERSION 5 RELEASE 2.0
My question is twofold;
1.      Why is the 5.2 version of DIRECTXA being invoked if the 5.3
version is first in the access list,  and
2.      Is there an easier way to rewrite my 5.3 user direct
Thanks,
Brent

Brent Litster
Zions Management Services Company
2185 South 3270 West
West Valley City  84119
(801) 844-5545
blits...@zionsbank.com

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.