Hmm ..  Here's what I would do to use SFTP easily:

-  install cmsfs on a Linux guest on the z/VM system (if you have any
install/maint/support type servers, I'd use that)

-  Give the Linux guest permission to access the monitor/accounting data
minidisks.

- Set up the Linux server to link the minidisk(s) and put them online at
boot.

- Use simple script to use cmsfs commands to access the disk(s) and sftp the
appropriate data file.

The downside here is that cmsfs isn't officially supported.  You could also
use VMNFS and have the Linux server mount the appropriate CMS disks via NFS
and then do the sftp.

In other words - use Linux to do the sftp to z/OS   ;-)

Scott