On Tuesday, 01/13/2009 at 04:32 EST, Suleiman Shahin
<s_s_sha...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I tried that. Fisrt byte is still missing. :(
>
> Sorry I missed what David said as I have just switched from digest.
>
> maybe I need to clarify. The file ended up on CMS from the lst queue via

> SENDFILE and was read in by a hot reader.
> and that probably ate the first byte.

Ah, INFORMATION!  THAT's what was missing!

If it came from the LST queue, then it had carriage control in it.  When
you RECEIVEd it into CMS without the KEEPCC option, the carriage control
character was discarded.  If that is what you are missing, then use the
KEEPCC option on RECEIVE.  This way it will print exactly as it would have
if you had printed directly on VSE.

If you are missing yet another byte of data, then the first byte may have
been interpreted as being TRC somewhere along the way.